Version 1.3.0 (released 2005-07-07)
- NOTE: The stdout/stderr/return code standards have changed with this release!
- All programs when executing remotely will recognize existing network connections to IPC$ and preserve them instead of deleting them when complete.
- Put in a small delay followed by a retry when DeleteFile fails (this is due to timing issues with the OS closing the file handle); this should fix most of the warnings from this function that occasionally appear. Note that these warnings may still happen in some circumstances.
- Added support for stable XML output.
- Changed versioning scheme to include a "release" number as well as major and minor version numbers.
- Refactored source tree.
- Removed 255-character restrictions on process names when operating remotely.
- Changed the list operation semantics: NTUTils programs will now always continue with the next target, instead of exiting.
Version 1.2 (released 2005-06-27)
- Added ntpriority.
- Refactored some of the code to make it more reusable.
- Fixed bug in makefile that would prevent it from making executables that did not already exist.
Version 1.1 (released 2005-06-19)
- Corrected bug in reading passwords from console input. Specifying -p without an argument will now work correctly.
- Put documentation in a CHM.
- Corrected all security issues:
- A more restrictive DACL was defined for the server-side named pipe, allowing anyone to connect but preventing anyone from taking ownership or changing the DACL.
- Changed the reading of the named pipe to be done before impersonation begins (i.e., using the creator/owner's security context).
- Ensured that enabling the debug privilege is done with the proper impersonated context instead of the process security context.
- Ensured that the impersonation level of the impersonation is at least at a level where impersonating is being done, instead of anonymous or identify impersonation level.
Version 1.0 (released 2005-06-17)